Snugpak - Adventure Racing Windtop
Developed by Snugpak® with input from professional members of the outdoor community, professional navigators, meteorological staff, military personnel, mountain bikers and adventure racers, the new functional Snugpak® Venture AR Range creates an entire system of elemental protection and insulation to support you, whether you are working on completing couch to 10k at your local country parks, completing longer half-marathons across lowland moors, participating in longer mountain marathons, point to point racing and climbing, as well as XC and enduro mountain biking. The Adventure Racing range has been created for you, whether you are challenging yourself or racing for that elite medal.
The single layer AR Windtop Smock incorporates a unique design, for the storage and use of essential race equipment, such as map and compass, as well as more modern devices such as smartphones and tablets, when completing digital races using iSeries Navigation™:
Made in the UK. Support UK manufacturing and enjoy superior British quality
- Unisex Design
- Extremely Lightweight & durable, perfect for when weight and space need to be considered
- Light enough to be worn all day
- Distinctive Black/Orange complimentary AR Colour
- Windproof: The Paratex Micro fabric protects you from wind chill
- Breathable: The Paratex Micro high moisture-vapour transmission rate helps to keep you dry when you're active
- Can be packed down and stored in its own chest pouch
- APALS® Soft Hook & Loop Patches (APALS® (All Purpose Adhesive Light Strips) one supplied with each jacket)
- Race Number attachment that does not compromise main materials (pin through front pocket flap)
- Large Map Chest Pocket, with Internal D-Rings
- Large & Small External Pouches
- External D-Ring for LED Torches, etc.
- Thumb Loops
- Hem & Neck adjuster for a better fit, helping trap warm air and aid insulation
- 1/4 Length Water-resistant YKK Zip, to help trap warm air, or ventilate
- Extended Scoop, to protect from heel lift and wheel spray in wet weather
- Customise with effective layering for colder weather or longer races
For the entire Snugpak® Venture Range, the hood has been removed, allowing greater compatibility with other items of clothing, but the storage space remains. This allows you to roll up items such as a neck scarf, Buff®, fleece liner gloves or skull cap and store them close to hand.
The Venture Range includes a central map case pocket in the chest area, for the storage of a full size (Large) map case, such as the SILVA® Carry Dry Map Case (265x480mm), or an iPad® mini™ within a waterproof eCase® (185x238mm). The main pocket also incorporates two D-rings to secure essential items, such as a compass or whistle, to prevent accidental loss, as well as tethering other waterproof cases so that they do not need to be carried in an unsafe position around the neck.
There is also large Outer-Pocket on the front of the central chest pocket, with a hook & loop security tab and a functional D-ring. This pocket can accommodate an A6 folded map, or a notebook and pen/pencil, or smartphones in a waterproof case, such as the iPhone 5S in the waterproof eCase® (105x175mm) as well as small digital cameras. In front of this is a smaller outer-pocket with hook & loop security tab, ideal for keeping your compass close to hand, or used for securing smaller energy gels, pens, pencils etc. when on the move.
Hook & Loop Patches
Throughout the Venture Range designs, there are various Hook & Loop Patches, designed to accommodate APALS® Personal Identification (PID) LEDs, or 3M Scotchlite™ Reflective Tabs to make you more visible in low-light conditions. Small APALS® patches are located on the back of the collar, as well as the left sleeve. There is also a larger soft Hook & Loop patch on the Right arm, for ID’s, Morale Patches as well as Group and Organisation Patches, allowing you to personalise your Venture Smock. Soft Hook & Loop is also available on the front of the small outer-pouch, for either an APALS® LED or reflective marker.
The Snugpak® AR Windtop has an additional rear scoop that protects the wearer from wet heel-lift when running, as well as tyre spray when cycling. The scoop can be held and adjusted in-situ with the bungee hem-cord.